About Our Cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean for example shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies , Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser?
You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note though we provide no guarantee against unexpected results should you choose to block cookies on this website.
What cookies do you store on my browser?
Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
- CookieMessage - This records the answer you gave regarding accepting our cookies. Without this the cookie notification would pop up every time you went to a new page. Expires in 180 days
- PHPSESSID - Allows the website to function correctly such as retaining a shopping basket. Expires when browser shutdown.
- trackingcode - If you visited us by clicking on a link on a site e.g. an advert. We sometimes store the origin of your click so we can monitor which marketing is most effective.
- _fbp - Facebook can use this cookie for event tracking and remarketing purposes. This is a third party cookie and it expires after ~180 days.
- _ga - This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. This is is associated with Google Universal Analytics
- _gat - Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.
- _gat_gtag_UA_* - This is a Google Analytics cookie which provides us with data on unique browser visits to our website.
- _gid - Used by Google to distinguish users
- _stripe_mid - Used by Stripe (payment gateway) to distinguish users
- _uetsid - This cookie is used by Bing to gather anonymous information on how visitors are using our website. Lasts 1 day
- _uetvid - Used to track visitors on multiple websites, in order to present relevant advertisement based on the visitor's preferences. Lasts 16 days
- _utma - This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site and is part of Google Analytics which reports of website traffic
- _utmb and _utmc - These cookies calculate how long your visit to the site lasts and are part of Google Analytics which reports of website traffic
- _utmt - This records events such as a click. This is pat of Google Analytics which records website traffic.
- _utmz - Records where you originated from e.g. which search engine. This is part of Google Analytics which reports of website traffic